(14 of 18)
5 Church Road, Lymm, WA13 0QG.
Opened 30 Oct 1922. Closed 30 June 1962.
1 Screen. 670 seats, later 560 seats.
Located in the village of Lymm, the building was originally built as a drill hall. By the 1920s it was used by travelling showmen, who exhibited films there. By the mid-1920s, it was a full time cinema, known as the Drill Hall Cinema. Seating was provided for 670 people. The proscenium was 22 feet wide, the stage was 20 feet deep and there were four dressing rooms.
By the 1930s a cafe had been added and it was re-named Cinema. Once CinemaScope had been fitted, the Cinema had a seating capacity for 560 people. It was closed in the early-1960s, and was converted into a potato factory, making potato chips for sale in fish & chip shops.
Contributed by Ken Roe.