(3 of 18)
83 Sankey Street, Warrington, WA1 1SL.
Opened Jun 1910. Closed 1956. Building still in use.
1 screen. 384 seats.
Located on Sankey Street at the corner of Springfield Street, the Picturedrome was opened in June 1910 by Sir Gilbert Greenall. It had an ornate stone and terracotta front.
The facade was re-modelled in the 1930s.
It became a television rental shop known as Tellyhire, later Visionhire, and later Jones & Chapman estate agent.
Today, much altered, it serves as Eden Italian restaurant and Paul Kemp hairdressing.
Contributed by Ken Roe. Additional information by Gordon Gandy.
As Eden Restaurant/Paul Kemp hair salon 19 Sep 2011
As Tellyhire, later Visionhire 1950s to 1980s
As Jones & Chapman estate
agent 23 May 2003