(13 of 18)
24 Powell Street, Latchford, Warrington, WA4 1LA
Opened Jan 1922. Closed 1959. Building still exists.
1 screen. 460 seats.
Located in Powell Street, Latchford, the Premier Cinema opened on 30 October 1922. It had an 18 feet-wide proscenium.
The Premier Cinema was closed in September 1959. It was then used by a furniture removals firm. The building now has a new facade and a planning application to demolish it and replace it with houses is available to view on the Warrington Borough Council website.
Contributed by Ken Roe. Additional information by Gordon Gandy. Colour photo taken 10 Oct 2012